Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Madel Ching as Tracy Turnblad


Madel who bested 300 aspirants to star as the lead in Hairspray, is a Third Year Political Science student at Ateneo de Manila University.

In a newspaper interview, Madel Ching, whose theater experience includes performing in High School Musical, was quoted as saying: "Girls like me don't get opportunities like this! Honestly, I feel like I'm the modern-day Filipina version of Tracy. A big girl with big dreams. It's a little scary to take on a role this big, but I'm really looking forward to taking on the challenge of playing a character with this much spirit and energy!" This was quoted from the Ateneo de Manila University official website.

For your soon-to-be alma mater to have devoted a web page to you, you definitely have made it. We look forward to cheering for you on opening night!

Bobby Garcia has a knack for casting relatively unknown talents to star in his big productions. Based from my past experience watching his plays. He has never let me down yet. Typically, you would be blown away at how good that actor is even though you have never ever heard of him or her. You literally run home to google their names. I am sure Madel Ching will be no exception.

No comments: